Tapeworm Found In Man’s Brain From Eating Undercooked Bacon: Know Risks Of Neurocysticercosis

A man in Florida with severe migraines was diagnosed with neurocysticercosis, caused by tapeworm larvae in his brain. The infection was likely from eating undercooked bacon. The patient’s symptoms worsened over four months, leading to a CT scan that revealed cysts in his brain. Further tests confirmed parasitic tapeworm larvae, causing neurocysticercosis. Despite not traveling to high-risk areas, his habit of eating lightly cooked bacon likely transmitted the infection. Treatment with anti-inflammatory and anti-parasitic medications successfully regressed lesions and improved headaches. Neurocysticercosis can lead to various neurological symptoms and complications depending on the location of the cysts in the nervous system.

Source link

error: Content is protected !!