Know The Risks Of Excessive Supplement Intake

An 89-year-old man in the U.K. died from complications of a vitamin D overdose, sparking concerns about excessive supplement consumption. David Mitchner from Surrey consumed high levels of vitamin D supplements for nine months, leading to toxicity and organ failure. Experts advise taking the recommended daily amounts of vitamin D based on age to prevent deficiency-related health issues. Vitamin D-rich foods and sunlight exposure can also help maintain adequate levels. Excessive vitamin D intake can lead to symptoms of toxicity, including kidney damage and abnormal heart rhythm. Treatment for vitamin D toxicity involves stopping intake and may require medical intervention in severe cases.

Source link

error: Content is protected !!