Turkey neck usually develops as a result of the sagging skin due to a double chin and wrinkling. Aging causes the skin to lose its elasticity and the neck muscles start to weaken. One of the best ways to correct a turkey neck is neck lift surgery in Manhattan, NYC. The procedure addresses a double chin and can provide you with a well-defined neck and jawline.
Factors that cause turkey neck:
- Your neck and chest have thinner skin than your face.
- Collagen production declines with age, which leads to the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Submental fat can cause the skin to stretch as, resulting in folds that resemble a turkey’s wattle.
Treatments to Correct Turkey Neck
In a Manhattan plastic surgery practice, surgeons offer the following surgical, minimally-invasive and non-invasive options to treat turkey neck:
- Cervicoplasty: This procedure addresses issues like a double chin, loose, sagging skin from extreme weight loss, jowls, and slack skin. The excess skin is removed and the remaining skin is tightened during this neck lift operation to reduce wrinkles and give the neck a more youthful appearance. Cervicoplasty can be paired with other aesthetic procedures like a facelift to improve results.
- Platysmaplasty: Platysma muscle cords frequently contribute to the turkey neck. This procedure involves cutting a portion of the platysma muscle from the front of the neck and beneath the chin to further tighten it and attach it more closely to other neck muscles. This option is advised for drooping skin or skin changes brought on by aging.
- Liposuction: Liposuction of the chin and neck eliminates resistant fat and tightens loose skin. Advanced minimally invasive procedures like Smartlipo Triplex, VASERlipo, and BodyTiteTM are used to suction off extra fat along the sides of the neck and beneath the chin.
- Botox Injections: Small amounts of Botox are injected into the lateral neck muscles down the side of the neck and into the lower jaw to tighten and reshape the jawline and raise the neck region.
- Kybella: A non-invasive, FDA-approved Kybella treatment is available in Manhattan, New York City, to cure double chins. By treating the double chin, the neck area is improved, giving the jawline a more defined, natural-looking appearance. The surgery comes with a short recovery period and results are long-lasting.
- InMode EVOKE: Non-invasive InMode EVOKE uses Radio Frequency (RF) energy to rejuvenate the face and neck regions. The FDA-approved device delivers RF energy straight into the submental region. The process removes old skin cells and extra fat deposits, speeds up the creation of collagen, tones the muscles, and tightens the skin.
- EmbraceRF: EmbraceRF involves “adipose modification” of the face. It blends two advanced technologies, FaceTite and Morpheus8, which allow the plastic surgeon to “mold” the facial fat in specific locations and treat laxity to get the best, most natural-looking outcomes. Without incisions or scars, EmbraceRF produces effects comparable to a surgical facelift.
If you are struggling with loose neck skin and muscles, consider neck lift surgery in Manhattan NYC. Skilled plastic surgeons will recommend the best option to help you rejuvenate your chin, jawline and neck.