Are you planning for or preparing to undergo a cosmetic surgery in Manhattan, NYC? Manhattan-based plastic surgery practices provide a wide range of aesthetic treatments. However, before undergoing any specific cosmetic surgery procedure, most patients wish to know about the procedure in detail. They would have questions related to the procedure and may want to discuss alternate options to achieve their treatment goals. Virtual consultations make it possible for patients to consult their physician right from the comfort of their homes. It removes the emotional barrier for patients who could be hesitant about meeting a physician and consulting him/her.
Benefits of a Virtual Plastic Surgery Consultation
The advantages of a virtual plastic surgery consultation include:
- Flexibility of time and location (from the comfort of your home)
- Get real information and expert advice
- Learn more about advanced treatment options
- Quick response
- Discretion and data security
Common Questions to Ask During a Virtual Consultation
Scheduling the appointment with the plastic surgery practice or surgeon is the first step during a virtual consultation. Choosing an established AAAASF-accredited plastic surgery practice that provides the services of expert plastic surgeons is crucial. It is important to take some time to research the procedure you wish to undergo, and write down your concerns and questions. This will help you collect all the information you need to know. In addition, be very specific with the questions and concerns with the plastic surgeon. Being well prepared with the questions and understanding individual cosmetic goals will make the discussion with the surgeon easier. Here are some important questions that a patient must ask a plastic surgeon during a virtual consultation –
- Ask questions on how the procedure will be performed and before and after photographs of the procedure performed. Learning more about the procedure and how it will be performed, evaluating before and after photographs, and understanding what pre-op and post-op care involved are crucial. Preoperative patient assessment can help determine individual factors that could increase the risk for complications. The plastic surgeon can guide patients in choosing the best treatment option.
- Find out whether you need to submit photos of the area of the body to be treated. If so, are the photographs submitted secure?
- Ask questions about the risks and complications associated with the procedure. The patient and provider can have a healthy conversation about the benefits and risks of the procedure.
- Ask for before and after photographs of earlier or similar procedures performed by the plastic surgeon.
- What will be the total cost associated with the procedure?
- What should a patient wear during the day of the procedure?
- How many pre-op appointments will be required?
- What are the things or pre-operative preparations that need to be done before undergoing the treatment?
- What is the type of anesthesia that will be used during the procedure? What happens if there is an emergency during the procedure?
- What is the downtime associated with the procedure?
- How long will recovery take and when can the final results be expected?
- Ask questions or tips related to post-operative recovery.
- How many follow-up appointments would be required as part of the procedure?
Virtual consultation is a great option for out-of-town patients as this provides them a platform to discuss matters with their surgeon from the comfort of their own home. In addition, these consultations can help reduce the stress and anxiety that patients may feel initially.
If you are interested in undergoing a plastic surgery in Manhattan, NYC, schedule an in-person consultation with one of bodySCULPT’s plastic surgeons. bodySCULPT’s virtual consultation program provides comprehensive support and customized care to help patients achieve their aesthetic goals.