“An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” Benjamin Franklin made that wise observation in the 1730s, but it’s as valid as it ever was today, especially the ounce of prevention you get from seeing the dentist at St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanicsville MD every six months.
Keeping your smile beautiful and healthy is done most effectively with preventative measures. Some essential guidelines are highlighted here.
- Make a habit of brushing your teeth. Do it twice a day for 2 minutes. Be sure to use an ADA approved toothpaste and toothbrush.
- Don’t forget the floss! Flossing between your teeth daily will do wonders for your teeth and keep your gums healthy too.
- Wear a protective mouthguard when joining in an activity where your mouth could possibly be damaged.
- Don’t smoke. As if you needed yet another reason not to!
- Abstain from piercing your lips, tongue, cheek, or any other part of your mouth that someone decided you should shove a metal bar through. Piercings put you at greater risk for chipped teeth, infection and nerve damage. It’s a perilous fashion that you’ll want to avoid.
- Stay away from snacks that have a lot of sugar or starch.
- Schedule regular dental visits, of course!
At St. Mary’s Dental in Mechanivcsville MD, it’s all about your dental health. An ounce of prevention really is better than a pound of cure! Our services include general and cosmetic dentistry. Schedule your next cleaning and checkup with us today.
Contact St. Mary’s Dental:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):