Nose Surgery in Miami
The Importance of Nose
The face comprises four of the five sense organs that are visible to other people – eyes, ears, skin and nose. The nose is perhaps the most prominent characterizing a face besides serving as an organ that takes care of the functions of breathing and smelling as well as humidifying and filtering breathed in air.
Often, people feel unsatisfied with the size and shape of their nose in relation to the rest of the face. They want to reshape their nose to fit in with the face – may be an aquiline nose or an upturned nose or a snub nose or even a celebrity’s nose.
Rhinoplasty or Nose Surgery in Miami
Rhinoplasty in Miami or nose surgery is a surgical procedure through which a plastic surgeon can reshape and resize your nose to the extent possible to match with the rest of your face.
The procedure of Nose Surgery consists of
Making incisions inside the nose
- Sculpting and molding cartilage, bone, tissues and skin to desired shape
- Removing skin from the nose to narrow the base
- Grafting to resize the nose if required
- Correcting any functional issues
- Suturing incisions to restore nasal skin
Recovery and care of Nose Surgery in Miami
The Miami nose surgery procedure is uneventful and patient can return to routine activities within 2 days. Care advice includes
- Bed rest for a day with head in elevated position
- Using nose splints to assist recovery – may stay for up to 9 days
- Avoiding strenuous activities
- Avoiding bumping of nose
Benefits of Nose Surgery or Rhinoplasty
By undergoing Miami nose surgery, patients can enjoy benefits that comprise
- No scars outside as most parts of procedure is inside the nose
- Matching resized and reshaped nose with rest of the face
- Feeling of beautiful face with a beautiful nose
- Nose nicely textured
- Smooth nose with no bumps and crookedness
- Realignment of internal structure to improve breathing
- Confidence booster
- Improved self esteem
Dr Carlos Spera Plastic Surgery
Dr. Carlos Spera, with over 30 years of experience in reconstructive and plastic surgery in Miami, is the most prominent plastic surgeon to undertake Rhinoplasty in Miami. He is an American Board of Cosmetic Surgery certified surgeon.
The three centers for plastic surgery in Miami can help you reshape and resize your nose depending on your ethnic background, age and face symmetry. For consultation, contact Dr Carlos Spera Plastic Surgery at 954 577 8585.