IT’S HEART AWARENESS MONTH!!
For the next 28 days people all over the world will join us in celebrating HEART AWARENESS MONTH!!
This month of awareness is so incredibly important to the ‘heart community’ for numerous reasons.
At Hayden’s Heart, we are passionate about spreading awareness specifically for the Congenital Heart Defect community.
Here are some deafening facts:
- Congenital heart defects are America’s and every country’s #1 birth defect. Nearly one of every 100 babies is born with a CHD.
- Congenital heart defects are the #1 cause of birth defect related deaths.
- Congenital heart defects are the leading cause of all infant deaths in the United States.
- Each year approximately 40,000 babies are born in the United States with a congenital heart defect. Thousands of them will not reach their first birthday and thousands more will die before they reach adulthood.
- Each year over 1,000,000 babies are born worldwide with a congenital heart defect. 100,000 of them will not live to see their first birthday and thousands more will die before they reach adulthood.
Sharing these facts with others is just one way we can help spread awareness for Congenital Heart Defects.
When I was diagnosed with Hayden’s condition at 20 weeks gestation, I had never even heard of CHD’s- let alone known anyone who had been affected by it. I am proud of how much awareness we have raised in the past 6 years for this condition and thank all of you for standing alongside us in spreading awareness for Hayden and all of his buddies + families that have been affected by Congenital Heart Defects.
If you would like to help us in our awareness this month, please share this email with your contacts, and help support our fundraiser posted below- proceeds to benefit Hayden’s House of Healing.
‘Hayden’s Dream’ – thank you to Fin First + New Jersey Regional Director Jena Winter for your talent, vision and dedication!